The second plenary meeting of the NAVGREEN project, held on February 5, 2024, and hosted at the central amphitheater of NCSR “Demokritos”, gathered collaborators from all entities for presentations and discussions on a wide range of topics such as:
Project Timeline and Deliverables Overview: An overview of the NAVGREEN timeline was conducted, discussing the project’s next milestones, and presenting the active work packages WP1, WP2, WP3, WP4, WP5, WP8, as well as their corresponding deliverables that have either been completed or are in progress.
General Discussion: Following each presentation, discussions took place among the entity representatives. The open dialogue provided an opportunity for the exchange of views as well as for coordinating the next steps of the work packages, deliverables, and the NAVGREEN project in general.
Administrative Issues: Updates and clarifications were provided on administrative matters concerning the entities, such as interim certification and advanced payment.
Communication Strategies: Initiatives for disseminating the results of the NAVGREEN project were discussed, such as organizing seminars and writing articles/papers.
The second in-person meeting concluded with a group photograph of the project collaborators.
The innovative NAVGREEN program is an initiative within the economic and social transformation “Greece 2.0”, co-funded by the European Union’s “NextGeneration EU” fund and national resources.
NAVGREEN aims to improve the environmental footprint of Greek-owned shipping and focuses on the following key areas:
- Developing alternative solutions to traditional fuels
- Improving energy efficiency in ships and ports
- Using new digital technologies for better management of ship and port operations
- Encouraging recycling and the use of biofuels.
Various educational and research institutions have joined forces to develop green shipping through the NAVGREEN program. The collaborating entities include:
- Academy of Athens
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- National Observatory of Athens
- National Centre for Scientific Research “Demokritos”
- National Technical University of Athens
- University of the Aegean
- University of Piraeus
- Athens University of Economics and Business
- Hellenic Centre for Marine Research
For more information about the NAVGREEN program, please contact us.